I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication and Co-Director of The New Media Incubator at Wright State University.
My interests lie at the intersections between communication, rhetoric, and technology. Communication and technology have a long history. New technologies and tools constantly change how people communicate with one another.
- Online journalism platforms
- What students think about new technologies and how they use them
- Audio and Video projects in early undergraduate coursework
I work with
- undergraduate and graduate students to study changes in workplace practices and develop complex storytelling projects
- field and studio production gear
- audio and video technologies
I have award-winning media experience including work for a public communications department of a city government, photojounalist/morning show editor for a 30 market television station, and was the online video advertising director/producer for the Interactive Media division of a newspaper company. I also have 20+ years of freelance film and video experience and was previously a member of the National Science Foundation grant project "Scaling Up STEM Learning with the VCL" interdisciplinary research project at NC State investigating instructional technologies at the high school level.
At Wright State I co-Direct the New Media Incubator, an innovation hub where students create media projects, collaborate as interns, and innovate by piloting new storytelling styles. Check out some of the students award-winning work in our Vimeo collections.