I am an Assistant Professor of Multimedia in the Department of Communication at Wright State University.
My interests lie at the boundaries of communication, rhetoric and technology. Communication and technology have a long history. New technologies and tools constantly change how businesses and audiences communicate with one another.
- How journalists use online tools
- What students think about new technologies
- When CMS platforms cause communication breakdowns
- How we communicate scientific knowledge through multimedia
I work with:
- Google Glass and other wearables
- Augmented content and interactive print
- audio and video multimedia tools
I have twelve years of award-winning multimedia experience including work for a public communications department of a city government, photojounalist/morning show editor for a 30 market television station, and was the online video advertising director/producer for the Interactive Media division of a newspaper company. I also have 15 years of freelance film and video experience and was previously a member of the National Science Foundation grant project "Scaling Up STEM Learning with the VCL" interdisciplinary research project at NC State investigating instructional technologies at the high school level.